Q: How are the fundraising proceeds used?
A: 75 percent of the Race’s net proceeds stays in our 29 county service area to fund local screening, treatment, and education programs. The remaining 25 percent supports the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Award and Research Grant Program, which fund groundbreaking breast cancer research. In 2012 our Affiliate sent $400K to Komen National for research grants and $2.4M was granted to UNC and Duke for breast cancer research.
Q: Does the Komen Race for the Cure® require fundraising?
A: It is not required. However, participant fundraising is critical to the success of the programs funded by Komen North Carolina Triangle to the Coast.
Q: Who should I make my check payable to?
A: For the Wilmington Race, please make all checks payable to: “Wilmington Race for the Cure”. For the Triangle Race, please make all checks payable to "Triangle Race for the Cure."
Q: Where should I mail donation checks?
A: Donations made by check must be accompanied by a fundraising form.
Mail checks and completed forms to:
Susan G. Komen for the Cure North Carolina Triangle to the Coast
133 Fayetteville Street, Suite 300
Raleigh, NC 27601
*Please do not mail cash*
Q: Is there a deadline for fundraising?
A: All donations on your behalf for the Triangle Race received by July 8, 2013 will be credited to your fundraising total.
Q. What are some ways I can fundraise for my team/my individual goal?
A: We have plenty of ideas on our Fundraising tip page!
Q: Is my registration fee tax-deductible?
A: No, your registration fee helps defray the costs of producing the Race and is not considered tax deductable acording to the IRS. However, any amount that you choose to donate above the registration fee is tax-deductible.
Click here for additional Race information.